Houston Primary Pet Care
Individualized Pet Care: Health Services Tailored to Your Kitty's Needs
We believe each of our patients is unique and should be treated as such. After all, breed, genetic background, age, activity level, environment, diet, lifestyle, and other factors influence a cat's health. It's important to take each of these details into account when providing veterinary care for any pet patient.
One of the ways the veterinarians and staff at Feline Medical Center ensure that your cat's specific health needs are being met is through the annual preventive care exam. We recommend that young adult cats be examined at least once a year, while senior kitties (age 7 and older) or those with an ongoing health condition should be examined more frequently. During your pet's wellness exam, our veterinarians will:
- Conduct a comprehensive physical, checking your feline from nose to tail.
- Collect a small blood sample so that a wellness blood chemistry profile can be performed to ensure the body's organs and immune systems are functioning normally.
- Examine your cat's teeth and gums for evidence of dental disease and make recommendations for any preventive pet dental care that may be needed.
- Provide any necessary pet vaccinations based upon your kitty's particular lifestyle and corresponding risk factors.
- Check your cat for intestinal parasites and treat if needed.
- Recommend the heartworm and parasite control methods necessary for maintaining your cat's health and well-being.
- Discuss your kitty's diet and weight and provide pet nutrition counseling that is tailored to his or her unique needs.
- By bringing your kitty in for regular preventive care exams, our veterinarians are able to obtain a baseline measurement of his or her overall health. It also gives us an opportunity to speak with you about any physical or behavioral changes that may be occurring. Because we treat felines only, we are experienced at noticing subtle clues that may otherwise go unnoticed. Early detection of potential health problems enables us to provide treatment quickly and hopefully prevent or reverse any symptoms of illness or disease.
Should a feline patient develop a more serious health condition, rest assured that we are able to provide the advanced veterinary care he or she needs. Our hospital is equipped with the latest in veterinary diagnostic equipment, which enables us to perform in-depth examinations in our state-of-the-art facility. We also work closely with a network of board-certified veterinary specialists who we consult as necessary to ensure that our patients are receiving the best possible pet health care.
Nothing is more important to us than providing felines with the individualized veterinary care they need so that they may enjoy long, healthy, and happy lives with their families.